[ubuntu-art] Uspash

Viper550 gthompson at cogeco.ca
Fri May 12 22:32:51 BST 2006

Lukas Sabota wrote:
> Viper,
> Your splashes all look very nice.  They are a huge improvement over the
> current.  I do have a suggestion: perhaps you could tone down the orange
> a tiny bit in the Ubuntu splash.  Does the orange seem a little harsh to
> anyone else?  I'm attaching a modified version of your ubuntu splash,
> with the red toned down a tiny bit.  What do you think?
>
> God bless,
> Lukas
>
> On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 17:00 -0400, Viper550 wrote:
>
>> You want polish? Well, I redid the Kubuntu and Edubuntu artwork in the
>> exact same style for you, so how do you like these numbers? Sorry for
>> ALL the attachments.
>>
>> p.s.
>> Frank, we currently can't do a splash to SuSE's extent, because they use
>> a different splash screen system, and they don't care about
>> compatability and other stuff as much as we do (which I do not like, man
>> I love Fedora's splash, they actually use X for it!)

Yeah, I kinda forgot that it was only "pure orange" for like, one build!
It's actually more of a caramel now, but still, they both look nice.
Even though I prefer the pure orange one because that's the original one
I made, the other one is good too! Maybe we should do a vote on the Wiki
for this!

Viper550

p.s. I also sent a new post with new versions without reflections on the
letters, which I found ugly after the Forever for Now guy tipped me off
'bout that...