[ubuntu-art] New usplash artwork

Ricardo Pérez López ricardo at iesdonana.org
Fri May 12 10:00:57 BST 2006

In the Bug #44339, users began to comment the new usplash artwork. I
personally don't like it for the following reasons/opinions:

1. It's resolution is worse than the previous.
2. IMHO it's too big.
3. The colors of the Ubuntu logo are too shining, disturbing, and
doesn't match with the Ubuntu palette.
4. The gray in progress bar and messages doesn't match, absolutely.
5. It's a bit displaced to the left (it's not centered horizontally in
the screen).
6. IMHO it's a too big change at 2-3 weeks from the release.
7. I wonder if the Kubuntu's usplash (and Edubuntu's and Xubuntu's) has
been changed, too (I didn't test it). If not, there's an incongruity.
8. IMHO, the previous artwork is much elegant.
9. I think the previous artwork was very much acceptance, so I wonder if
there's a need for the change.

Therefore, I think the usplash artwork must be reverted to the original
usplash-0.1 artwork.

Thanks a lot,

Ricardo.