[ubuntu-art] Dialogs icon and tangerine

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Wed May 10 00:08:10 BST 2006

Josué Alcalde González wrote:
> Last update of tangerine has included some new icons for dialog actions.
>
> The icons included in last update use this metaphor:
>  http://jimmac.musichall.cz/screenshots/screenshot-228701000.jpg
> with a red close icon.
>
> The icons are:
> - cancel: a yellow rounded back arrow
> - apply: a green v
> - yes: ?
> - no: ?
> - close: a red x
> - accept: a blue intro icon
>
> I have made the needed links and I have seen some problems:
>
> The close icon is red. It is used in a lot of places (tabs for gedit,
> epiphany and console, close button in notifications, close in lists...)
> I think red doesn't fit very well in those places, but the biggest
> problem is that it is resized and looks very bad in epiphany and
> console, and worst in gedit and notifications bubbles.

The problem is that the name of the icon in the icon-naming-spec is
dialog-close and is intended for the action "The icon used for the Close
button that might appear in dialog windows.". The use of the
dialog-close icon in epiphany and gedit is therefore a bit improper. A
specific icon for closing tabs would be much better in that case.
- Andreas