[ubuntu-art] Xubuntu deserves respect too!

bvc bvcmdk at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 01:08:26 BST 2006

Viper550 <gthompson at cogeco.ca> wrote: Okay everyone, I see Xubuntu is using XFCE, a GTK based desktop, but
this leads me to a question: why can't Xubuntu use an Ubuntulooks based
theme instead of Clearlooks default? I am going to be working on a
Ubuntulooks theme that will fit in with the Xubuntu desktop, so be
ready! Consistancy is always a good thing, this also leads me to why you
don't just use Polyester as the default theme for Kubuntu? It looks
cool, and it matches the desktop too! It's based off Plastik, so it
doesn't head THAT far away from the defaults...

Viper550
Most likely because ubuntulooks is cairo, which is much slower, and xubuntu is intended to be lightweight.

http://mail.yahoo.com