[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu screensaver

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Mon Mar 27 20:44:27 BST 2006

Hello,

There is a big problem on ubuntu : default gnome-screensaver config
use 3D. On a lot of hardware (including nVidia card with nv), this
configuration eat CPU (this  may save screen, but not processor).
There is bug for it : https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/
gnome-screensaver/+bug/33753

A good answer to this problem is to ship a simple ubuntu screensaver.
I imagin something quite like the usplash, but with a tiny "breathy"
effect around the logo+ubuntu. (like Mac sleep light).

That should be part of a theme. I really wait for easy fully themable
desktop.

Étienne.