[ubuntu-art] WinFOSS CD browser design

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 27 12:05:03 BST 2006

I've spent some time tightening up the layout for the WinFOSS CD browser
on the Live CD. I used the new clearlooks titlebar at the top and a few
odd Ubuntu icons. The icons and screen shots will be updated as the
desktop UI settles in.

See the new look here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WinFOSS

Some people had complained that people they had given the CD to were
confused about what was ubuntu and what was the installable WinFOSS ('I
installed all the stuff on the CD, but I don't think I got Ubuntu
working'). To make this more clear I gave Ubuntu a more prominent
placement at the top of the page and will expand the 'About Ubuntu'
introduction page, probably basing it on:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/Desktop

Please give feedback :)  I'll deploy a working version to the live CD in
a few days.

It also needs a new splash screen. The old one looks too much like the
old layout and is getting tired IMO. Anyone want to have a go? It
obviously needs the logo and possibly some other graphics elements. It
should have the text 'Loading browser. Please wait ...' somewhere and
should contain the version number 6.06. The size should be roughly
400x200px.

  - Henrik

--
http://www.ubuntu.com