[ubuntu-art] Science Icons

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Fri Mar 24 12:28:15 GMT 2006

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 23:53 +0000, Phil Bull wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> My apologies if this post is off-topic. I have prepared about 50
>> new .desktop files for some universe science packages [1]. The problem
>> is, about 90% of them don't have icons. Does anyone have any suitable
>> icons they could spare, or ideas on where to get some which would be
>> in-keeping with the default theme?
>>
>> Because finding 50 app-specific icons is pretty unlikely, it'd be enough
>> if we could just cover the following categories with generic icons:
>>
>>  * Astronomy
>>  * Biology
>>  * Chemistry
>>  * Electronics
>>  * Geology/Cave Exploration
>>  * Maths
>>  * Physics
>>

> Maybe this is something for the Tangerine project? Andreas, Pascal? If
> there are no takers now, it should probably be listed as a task
> somewhere on the wiki (ArtworkTeam/TangerineIcons if you ask me, but
>
> that is up to Andreas).
Yes, science  icons in tango-style would be great! I've been thinking of
doing some tangofication of the nice kde-edu icons David did in
nuova-style a while ago (the chemistry one for example could be a good
base for a icon). Check Davids icons out at http://icon-king.com/?p=14

Perhaps these should go into hicolor and be app-specific in order to
keep tangerine clean.
- Andreas