[ubuntu-art] Dapper look&feel, some (maybe) useful links

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Tue Mar 21 07:42:06 GMT 2006

bvc wrote:
> I have joined the ubuntu-art mailing list but have not received a
> confirmation or any email. I've ventured through a lot of the wiki but
> I do not know what "one of the three "top community" themes which we
> can get into Dapper" is. Link?
That hasn't been decided yet. I think the process is:

 - people work on a variety of themes and mockups
 - the art team gets together and picks one, two or three themes that
are very distinctive (i.e. not just variations of the standard ubuntu theme)
 - we pick leaders and committers for each of those themes
 - we ask everyone on the art list to work on those specific themes to
polish them up, under the direction of the theme leaders
 - we release Dapper with the ones that are relatively complete and very
good-looking, in main

Mark