[ubuntu-art] What are the Dapper Artwork guidelines ?

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at free.fr
Tue Mar 14 12:34:38 GMT 2006

Hello,

This is mainly a question to Mark. This is quite a braindump.

As i read DapperUbuntuLook pages and some discussions in this mailing
list, i see an obvious lake in the Dapper theme work : some clear
guidelines.

I see orange, I heard "Ubuntu beige", "Chocolate brown", etc. But
what do we want ? What is the artwork goal of Dapper (more than be
polish) ? How to achieve the "Dapper" in dapper drake ?

We have great piece of artwork, but nothing fit well with each
others. What about a "DapperArtworkGuidelines" or something like
that ? What specs do artist have to read in order to fit the
DapperUbuntuArtwork spirit ?

Which colours ? Which blendings, fade, range, reflections, etc. fit
the ArtworkSpirit ? What guideline for usplash/gdm/gnome-splash
consistency ? Obviously, it seems DapperArtwork which look a bit like
glass/crystal/aqua, but this is not written anywhere.

I wish you understand my desire to see a very consistent and
professional artwork for dapper. At this time, it seems Apple and
Novell are the leader in artwork consistency. Is ubuntu community
able to build a superior artwork, which make Ubuntu unique and
beautiful during 3 years ?

Best regards.

PS: I have some diffifulties to express my opinon in english.
PPS: Is there an  #ubuntu-artwork ?