[ubuntu-art] Network Monitor Icon

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Tue Mar 14 11:40:04 GMT 2006

Ralf Mörler wrote:
> The current Artwork for Dapper is awesome!

Thank you! And thanks to the guys who are contributing icons and
artwork. The current priority list is always available at:

  http://daniel.holba.ch/ubuntu/ic/

> One little thing needs polish, IMO.
> The network monitor icon for WLAN connections. The antenna strength meter
> is displayed horizontal and the icon is very large, maybe it's possible to
> display it vertical so it doesn't need that much space on the panel.

The vertical bar is being fixed, and I will add a comment on the network
status ones.

> Ah, and on 100% only the last quarter is orange, shouldn't the hole bar be
> orange?

Actually, I'm concerned that the orange looks GREAT on widgets that are
not permanently visible, but is harsh when it is on-screen all the time.
This netwrok strength bar is very visible on the panel, it's there for
all wifi users all day long. So I like the way that bar currently looks,
mostly grey with a little orange tip to show the level of the signal.

Mark