[ubuntu-art] Licensing issue with Windows application installer on LiveCD

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 13 17:19:46 GMT 2006

Julian Turner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Digging through the Flight 5 release notes, i found this:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/include/testing/flight5/ff_scr.png . An excellent
> looking screenshot of the Win-FOSS CD Browser, with the "install" icon
> from my Still Life [1] icon set. I'm happy to see it getting used out in
> the wild!
> There's one problem, though: The license I chose, CC
> Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike [2], doesn't permit commercial
> redistribution.
Hi Julian,

Sorry, that was my doing. I was playing around with different icon sets,
and it looks like I've slipped up on the licensing there.

For the ubuntu Live CD I'll probably use icons from the new ubuntu set
in the end, though I'm still waiting for that to settle down.

As you can see, I do like that icon set and would like to be able to use
it, possibly on the OpenCD. So if you are considering re-licensing it
that would be a good thing IMO :)

- Henrik