[ubuntu-art] Licensing issue with Windows application installer on LiveCD

Julian Turner julian.turner at gmx.de
Sun Mar 12 23:49:27 GMT 2006

Hi!

Digging through the Flight 5 release notes, i found this:
http://www.ubuntu.com/include/testing/flight5/ff_scr.png . An excellent
looking screenshot of the Win-FOSS CD Browser, with the "install" icon
from my Still Life [1] icon set. I'm happy to see it getting used out in
the wild!
There's one problem, though: The license I chose, CC
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike [2], doesn't permit commercial
redistribution.
I'd be happy to re-license my icons that are used in the LiveCD, so
please tell me (somebody's got to be responsible for that package?):
*) Which icons from the Still Life set are used on the LiveCD?, and
*) What would be a better license (i guess GPL)?

[1] http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon/1111
[2] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

-Julian