[ubuntu-art] Dapper Splashes

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at free.fr
Thu Mar 9 18:06:59 GMT 2006

Hello,

> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=36223
>
> Is there anywhere Ubunut based place to put them (I mean actually to
> host them, not just to link to them from...)
>
> I am considering making a BG and bootscreen with similar elements, so
> comments would be much appreciated

As I reported for breezy, one of the main goal of Ubuntu is
internationalisation. This splash obviously use a lot of english
terms. Please either use only ubuntu or translatable text. A few
french people know what "dapper drake" means.

I wish designers will consider i18n in their artwork.

For the artwork itself, here are somes comments to improve :
  * from the three splash, i prefer the first.
  * The logo should be plain. Or more distinct from the bg picture.
  * Is Yellow part of the "Human" palette ?

Thanks.