[ubuntu-art] youth theme

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:34:35 GMT 2006

On 3/2/06, Nikolai Dunkel <n.dunkel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> As I understand it we're supposed to be making coherent themes for
> inclusion into ubuntu. I'm trying to "gather" people around me here (mark's
> words) :D
>
> So here's my idea: we make a "cool/stylish" theme, that doesnt necessarily
> have to reflect "humanity" in every breath as the default theme does. It's
> more about style. I'm gonna be so bold as to suggest this attatched image as
> a background.
> On the forums some people once started making a theme around an old
> version of this image, maybe someone is interested in doing one now?!
>
> cheers, n.
>
> more here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLogoMascotSuggestionMedicineMask
>

> If you want to gather a team, I think that would be great - could you add
the ideas to here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtworkTeam/AdditionalThemes

I think that if we let everyone who wants to do a theme shoot off in their
own direction before deciding on a small number fo themes to prefect  we
will end up with many imcomplete attempts (no slur on you - just that I
think it would be better if we focussed on 3 ideas, as Mark suggested) -
thus, I reckon adding ideas to here until the 9th when the top 3 are chosen
would be best - the voting and the three to use are on the meeting aganda
for the weekend...

I like the idea of s slick theme - check out Water Vapour (link in that wiki
page) - see if you like it

*waves flag for Water Vapour and NuovEXT

Who