[ubuntu-art] Getting this act together

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 2 10:24:10 GMT 2006

Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> The example-content package currently has 11 community created
> wallpapers in 3 formats (SVG, PNG, and JPEG). I believe Henrik is the
> champion for this effort. I'd say we could easily slip in more artwork
> team stuff on that package and its already in main.

Right. There is definitely room for giving feedback on that selection as
well. I've asked for input and have gotten some, but basically I have
simply selected the ones I though were best. If anyone has strong
feelings about that; either items that should be taken out or added then
this is a good time to suggest it (here or in the wiki).

We could also add an icon set to the example-content, esp. an SVG one
which won't require much space, because an icon set can be added very
easily via drag and drop. We would then use this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperExampleContent/ReadMe to explain how to do
that installation (that will be an HTML page on the CD).

Feedback and corrections are also welcome on that readme page as well as
any of the content within the example-content package:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~henrik/examplecontent/dapper/current/ There
are for example some OpenOffice docs in there that could still do with
some love. Specifically:

 * We need an OpenOffice Draw file - something nice and Ubuntu related :)
 * The impress file is based on 'Great Features of Ubuntu' but could do
with updating and eye-candy love
 * We need a Calc sheet with some boring numbers that are shown as
dazzling plots and charts
 * The Writer Document is now decent IMO, but could also be improved by
someone with an eye for design I'm sure.

So those are some concrete tasks that could do with some help :)

- Henrik