[ubuntu-art] Idea regarding themes

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Jun 19 15:44:55 BST 2006

On 6/19/06, Michiel Sikma <michiel at thingmajig.org> wrote:

> Ubuntu uses orange, Kubuntu uses blue, Xubuntu uses light anthracite
> (or something; that's how the color seems to me). Those seem like
> nice default colors for themes. I think that we might have a very
> rich default set of looks for Ubuntu if we were to make such a cross-
> platform UI plan a reality.
>
> Michiel

This is a bit off-topic, sorry.

You know what would be sweet... Illustrator has that new-ish feature
where you can genereate an artwork template and then have it create
variations of the artwork based on a database...

What would be cool is to create the artwork in such a way that you
could then create a make file and then feed in a color pallette and
have it generate/regerate the artwork for each distro based on the
colors in the pallette.

make ubuntu
make edubuntu
make xubuntu
make kubuntu

In the past that would have been so far-fetched that it would've been
laughable to even propose such a thing, but now, with so much artwork
being SVG and withPNG's alpha transparency as mature as it is, it's
not too far fetched.

I think I'm going to try it later on this afternoon just to see how it
works. I've never deliberately looked at the source of an SVG file to
see how the colors are defined. Maybe it still is far-fetched.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org