[ubuntu-art] A request

Tom Moitie t.moitie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:22:21 BST 2006

Manu Cornet wrote:
> but what some guys are doing here looks very much like some kind of
> "holy crusade" to me ("dude, believe in my god or I'll cut your head
> off)".
>
> Please chill, the main point of this team (if I understand it
> correctly) is to made great artwork for Ubuntu, no matter what tools
> you're using, isn't it ?
>
> Cheers,
> Manu

I agree with you Manu, and I can't believe this is happening. Michael
was merely making a request to stop the bitching, quite frankly a rather
reasonable request, one which I back, and to just get on with good art.
These holy crusaders you speak of are just taking it as an invite to
bitch themselves.

Billy wrote:
>> It won't make my art any better.
>>
> yes it does

Billy. Has anything you said in this discussion been backed up by any
real evidence? No. You're just preaching contradictions expecting
everyone to fall into place and believe you. Maybe if you showed us a
few pictures of art produced with proprietary  software compared to art
produced by free and open software and show us some real infallible
evidence that open source is better, we might.

Thanks,
Tom Moitie