[ubuntu-art] Our wiki organisation

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Fri Jun 9 12:15:14 BST 2006

Hello,

Before Edgy cycle, we have the time and the ability to deeply rework our
wiki architecture, including breaking Google cache, however we should
avoid that.

I suggest :

      * Gather Artwork and ArtworkTeam into Artwork.
      * Rename ArtworkTeam/People to Artwork/Team.
      * Move Meetings to Artwork/Team.
      * Gather Meetings résumé in Artwork/Team/Meetings/
      * Move Agenda in Artwork/Team/Meetings.
      * Create a GetInvolved page, maybe in Artwork/Team/ or just put it
        on Artwork !
      * Create WartyWartHog, HoaryHedgeHog, BreezyBadger, DapperDrake
        and EdgyEft that contain reviews for released version and drafts
        for current developpement version.
      * Move Documentation on top of Artwork/
      * Drop non Artwork Howtos, e.g. IRC Howto must be a standalone
        page : IRCHowto or XChatHowto or GaimHowto.
      * Create Artwork/Drafts for temporary document that should move to
        Documentation or other
      * Create Artwork/Propositions
      * Create Artwork/Evaluations for us to compare Propositions. That
        might be Artwork/Team only.
      * Make a beautiful template. ArtworkTeam/PageTemplate is quite
        good.

How should we handle Drafts, Evaluations, Propositions and Reviews ? Is
that all the same ? AFAIK :

      * Drafts are temporary
      * Evaluations should remains because there might be useful later.
        The same apply to Propositions
      * Reviews must remains

We must actually define what we work on. We need a page or a bunch of
pages that define each part of Ubuntu artwork and document the way we
have to work with it. e.g. a page for BootSplash theme pointing to a
documentation for USplash theming. I start writing a kind of definition
of our work in WideTheme.

We must define what we want to expose at our main Artwork page. I
suggest :

      * Ubuntu Artwork Goals.
      * Who address those goals
      * Getting Involved. Artwork Wiki Guidelines
      * Various Links : other ArtworkTeam, Official artwork, Licensing
        etc.

I can do a lot of this work, but i don't want do to it without your
agree. So please just say : "ok" or "ok but this and that", etc.

Étienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !