[ubuntu-art] Xubuntu splash

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 22:23:32 BST 2006

On 7/23/06, Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/06, Joao Inacio <jcinacio at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
>  On 7/22/06, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You can look at them here:
> >

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/XubuntuEdgy/Proposals
> >
> > And please give me some feedback.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > J. Mak
> > --
> > http://jozmak.googlepages.com/
> >

> To be honest, the 1st seems a bit too distracting with the "blinking"
> circles.
>
> I like the Dapper mouse-in-wheel splash screen, that makes me grin every
> time I see it.
>
> How about updating that for Edgy, with a glossy wheel/Ubuntu logo or
> something?

I personally, think that xubuntu needs a splash update that brings it
more in line with the other siblings. The rotating mouse was good for
the first release but now we have to move on to the next stage.

By the way, I've just uploaded a version that Joao suggested. You can
take a look at it in the usual place.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/XubuntuEdgy/Proposals

Thanks for the constructive input to everyone.

J. Mak
--
http://jozmak.googlepages.com/