[ubuntu-art] Edubuntu Artwork

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 20:16:26 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-22-07 at 19:42 +0100, Lisa Savage wrote:

> Last release we had the "normal" theme and a "young" theme.  I'm hoping
> to do the same this release with the inclusion possibly of a
> "higher-edu" theme that can be used in universities.

My only thoughts are that it would seem a colossal task
to try and get _three_ full looks included.  What
are you encompassing by a look when you suggest those
three?

Perhaps starting simpler and smaller might be a way
to elevate the professionalism?  Building on what
is 'working' in a particular area and trying to
refine / rework / polish / redo what isn't in another.
This would also perhaps require an 'Archive' page so
that folks can step in and contribute.  Not everyone
who can contribute is going to install Edubuntu to see
the look etc.  Bersace started a good sample for Ubuntu
here:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Archives/6.06/Ubuntu

Hopefully that doesn't sound too 'small and limiting',
but I prefer to be realistic given deadlines -- especially
how late in the process it already is.

So, by making Edgy artwork "rock", one would hope that
it does so in a fashion that isn't like a rock in
a great huge deep body of water. ;)

Sincerely,
TJS