[ubuntu-art] Help needed for creating gnome default theme...

Indraveni indraveni at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 19 11:24:30 BST 2006

Hi,

  I know that I can set the theme in Gconf Editor. I am not asking about the GUI setting up of theme. Assume that I also want to create a distro and in that I want to amy own theme to the gnome themes and now when I install my distro into my system the theme which i set should come as deafult theme.
 So for this what we do is either we create  new debian package which will have the new theme and some settings which will ge my distro's default theme.
  Else we edit the existing gnome-theme package and create the deb package of it and bundle it with the CD.

I want to know what Ubuntu is doing for this purpose and How it is implementing this.

Any Help Please??

Indraveni K

Who <mailforwho at googlemail.com> wrote: On 7/19/06, Indraveni <indraveni at yahoo.co.in> wrote: Hi,

 I dont know whether this is the correct place to ask this question or not. If not someone please redirect me to the correct mailing list..
 I have seen in ubuntu you have created the Human theme and it is coming by default when I installed Ubuntu. Where as all other gnome desktop themes are left the same. I want to know how ubuntu is doing this? Where you are making the Human theme as default. I checked  ubuntu gnome themes and ubuntu gnome-themes-extras package source, I dint find any human theme defined in it.
 Just for knowledge I want to know how ubuntu is creaeting a theme and making it as default theme after installation.

Can anyone teach me How to make a theme default after we install the OS.

Well, this isn't _exactly_ the right list, but someone on it may know the actual details - I would reccomend #ubuntu-devel on irc or the ubuntu devel list if you want to know the truth.

Here is what I know
the Human theme uses an engine called Ubuntulooks, which is based on Clearlooks
It is provided in the ubuntu-artwork package

Here is what I don't _know_, but think
You can set the theme you want in Gconf editor (I am not on Linux now so I cannot check _where_ the key is). If you can't find it then email me and I'll have a hunt tonight

Hope that helps

Who