[ubuntu-art] Help needed for creating gnome default theme...

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:59:28 BST 2006

On 7/19/06, Indraveni <indraveni at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I dont know whether this is the correct place to ask this question or
> not. If not someone please redirect me to the correct mailing list..
>  I have seen in ubuntu you have created the Human theme and it is coming
> by default when I installed Ubuntu. Where as all other gnome desktop themes
> are left the same. I want to know how ubuntu is doing this? Where you are
> making the Human theme as default. I checked  ubuntu gnome themes and ubuntu
> gnome-themes-extras package source, I dint find any human theme defined in
> it.
>  Just for knowledge I want to know how ubuntu is creaeting a theme and
> making it as default theme after installation.
>
> Can anyone teach me How to make a theme default after we install the OS.

Well, this isn't _exactly_ the right list, but someone on it may know
the actual details
- I would reccomend #ubuntu-devel on irc or the ubuntu devel list if you
want to know the truth.

Here is what I know
the Human theme uses an engine called Ubuntulooks, which
is based on Clearlooks
It is provided in the ubuntu-artwork package

Here is what I don't _know_, but think
You can set the theme you want in Gconf editor (I am not on Linux now so I
cannot check _where_ the key is). If you can't find it then email me and
I'll have a hunt tonight

Hope that helps

Who