[ubuntu-art] Introduction (Welcome Lisa!)

jmak jozmak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 02:15:59 BST 2006

On 7/11/06, Troy James Sobotka <troy.sobotka at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 21:29 +0100, Lisa Savage wrote:
> > Hi Artwork Team,
> >
> > I thought I should just introduce myself.  I am Lisa Savage and I have
> > been given the task of heading up the edubuntu artwork team.  I'm fairly
> > new to the whole ubuntu community, so go easy on me :D
> >
> > I would be interested to hear from anyone who has any thoughts/ideas on
> > where edubuntu can take it's artwork this cycle.
>
> Greetings Lisa.  It is wonderful to have a point person for
> the Edubuntu development!
>
> Currently we are trying to apply the existing Ubuntu design
> procedure to the Artwork cycle.
>
> We have two current "Artists in Chief":
>
> Ubuntu -- Frank Schoep
> KUbuntu -- Kenneth Wimer
>
> XUbuntu needs an 'official' person to step forwards, although
> Mr. Mak's name has come up.

Hi,

I keep continue working on the xubuntu artworks, as Jani Monoses the
chief developer of xubuntu asked me to do so; so far, we have done
some preliminary decisions regarding edgy;  for instance, we have
decided that in terms of look and feel we would prefer a distinct
character for xubuntu rather than just copy the ubuntu desktop.
Currently, I have been working on new logo and gdm greeter ideas; also
on a new splash animation that will eventually replace the current
one.
More less, I follow what has been going on this list and will be more
in touch, as soon as things get a bit more definite.

Regards,
J. Mak
--
http://jozmak.googlepages.com/