[ubuntu-art] QUESTION: usplash

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 23:37:46 BST 2006

Perhaps Frank or Ken could answer this.  It was
general enough that I believe it is of interest
to the general list:

Q) Are there any compositional considerations for
   the current implementation of usplash.  For example,
   is there a reserved area on the screen for text
   or something else?  If so, what are the dimensions
   and coordinates?

Q) Should we assume that the target is still 640x400
   in 16 colours scaled to the resolution of the destination
   computer?  Is this scaling universal in aspect ratio,
   or does it depend on the destination computer's
   resolution?

Thanks.
TJS