[ubuntu-art] Starting the Propose phase for Edgy Eft, wrapping up Ponder

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 23:29:07 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 16:57 -0400, Viper550 wrote:

> Here be an updated version of my cursor set that I was working on during
> the ponder phase. I decided to redo them using Fireworks MX on my
> Windows computer since I was more comfortable with that program, and
> CursorXP can use PNG files so I can easily test my cursors.

As of now, the designing of mouse cursors is not an officially
stamped specification.  We have plenty of more work to accomplish
before we would start actually designing them.  It is a massive
task with many 'higher powers' to be pleased.

Don't start building a house by hammering wood and nails.
Collect some sample pictures, design a blueprint, pour a
foundation, etc...

That said, I encourage you to build a good library of
textures and sketches with where you plan on taking
a cursor set.  Then, once we get the spec approved,
we will have some good ideas in the idea pool.

Thanks kindly,
TJS