[ubuntu-art] Legal question

Gabriel Rodríguez Alberich chewie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:49:10 BST 2006

>From the Trademark Usage Policy:
«Before using the any of these marks outside the scope of fair use
(such as using these in a review to refer to the product), please send
an email to [MAILTO] trademarks at ubuntu.com with your name, contact
details, and a short explanation of your proposed usage of the
trademarks.»

I don't quite understand how this guideline can coexist with the
rights that the license CC-by-sa grants, which clearly stands outside
the scope of fair use. Isn't there a collision here?

My question is: can I freely modify and redistribute the Ubuntu Logo
as the ubuntu-artwork license says?