[ubuntu-art] Example Content

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 9 11:48:03 GMT 2006

The example-content package just landed in the archive, as described
here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperExampleContent and in the Flight4
announcement: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperFlight4 .

To install it on your system type:
apt-get install example-content
and look for it in /usr/share/example-content.

The content itself still has a long way to go before it's really slick,
and it also needs to have a pre-set bookmark in Nautilus. I've included
some wallpapers from art.ubuntu.com and some OpenOffice documents that
are really just place-holders ATM. I'll try to mold the quick-guide into
a decent ODF document and/or PDF. What is the state of this for Dapper,
should I be looking for a new version to base it on?

Suggestions and contributions on the OpenOffice files especially is
still very welcome. Like: can anyone think of some interesting numerical
material (!?) that can be used in a spreadsheet and yield nice plots?
(if not, we end up with my astrophysics data ...)

- Henrik