[ubuntu-art] freshened metacity theme

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Fri Feb 3 11:20:30 GMT 2006

On 01/02/06, Young Hahn <youngjin.hahn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to Ubuntu / the art team but I've been looking through  the TODO
> list and seemed like a metacity theme would be a good place to start.
>
> I'm aiming for a fairly non-obtrusive, clean theme that has a similar mood
> to the Breezy default. Here are some screenshots of the work in progress:

Unfortunately, all that eyecandy renders very poorly on low-spec
graphic cards. There is a good reason why the current Metacity theme
we have is very spartan: it renders well in a variety of situations,
including on laptops with a small color palette.

The one good thing that came out of this thread, though, and that
should be further developped, is the two-color black/yellow striped
Metacity theme for sudo'ed actions.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi