[ubuntu-art] The shredder icon for delete sucks

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Dec 16 16:44:33 GMT 2006

Op donderdag 14-12-2006 om 20:34 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Nacho de
los Ríos Tormo:
> In Evolution it drags a message to the program's trashcan folder, where
> you can watch it, read it and manipulate it to your heart's content
> until the trashcan is emptied (THAT might be a good use for the shredder).
>
> But then, Evo offers something that looks like a meteorite to symbolize
> "spam", so their mindset must be clearly different.

AFAIK those icons come from the Tango Project, so maybe your critique
should go to those people to be effective...  :-)

(And the "spam" icon depicts a crumpled piece of paper, but I agree that
I had to take a second, closer look before seeing that, and then think
for some time about what it could mean, so it's not really a good icon.)

--
Jan Claeys