[ubuntu-art] Automatic Artwork Builder

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 6 14:37:23 GMT 2006

Hello Iacopo,

Am Mittwoch, den 06.12.2006, 14:03 +0100 schrieb Iacopo Masi:
> Now I'm waiting to be in the team to be able  to get the list of the
> packages that are automatically build.

I just approved you for the team.

> Next I will examine the content to make my commit. In past I worked
> with Svn , I know how to commit, but I want to underline that this
> will be the FIRST ubuntu official commit, so I am not  a bazaar guru ;)

bzr is quite easy to use, if you run into trouble, either check
http://bazaar-vcs.org/Documentation or check the output of
      * bzr help
      * bzr help <command>
or ask me or ask in #bzr on irc.freenode.net

If that's your first commit to bzr, this won't work. Your package needs
to be in bzr too.

But it's very easy:

cd myproject; bzr init; bzr add *; bzr commit -m "initial commit"

# go to http://launchpad.net/products/+new and register the
# product (package) if it's not there yet.

# add your SSH key to your personal Launchpad profile at:
# https://launchpad.net/people/<yourID>/+editsshkeys

bzr push
sftp://<yourID>@bazaar.launchpad.net/~<yourID/yourTeam>/<product>/<branchname>

# for example:
# bzr push
sftp://dholbach@bazaar.launchpad.net/~telepathy/telepathy-inspector/ubuntu
# (which has the ubuntu packaging of it)

Another question: did you ever build a package from your theme? It needs
to build before you submit it. I'm sorry.

> That is, What's my LanuchpadID for this command? lizardking or
> iacopo.masi?

It's  iacopo-masi  .

If you need anything else, let me know.

Have a nice day,