[ubuntu-art] [TT-Blubuntu] Blubuntu Update: lsplashes and GTK theme update

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 30 04:06:14 BST 2006

Hi all,

I have updated the Blubuntu GTK Theme, and would appreciate it if
people used it as their main theme for a while to test it out and see
that they like the look and feel - I know I like it, but I'd like
opinions: Specifically, I am worrying that the background colour may
be a little to close to white (i have used #f6f6f6, like 'industrial'
that I love so much :). Also, I find the shade of blue chosen is a
nice tone that doesn't get in the way too much - do others agree? I am
vaguely considering making the blue brighter and the background darker
(I.E becoming more like Quicksilver...).
Screenshot and theme tarball are here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Blubuntu/BlubuntuGtkTheme

I have also spent some time on the Blubuntu Login Splash:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Blubuntu/BlubuntuLoginSplash

Has a contact sheet of 11 ideas - tell me what you like :)

I am still without an original metacity for Blubuntu, so if you are
good with metacity and want to help out then I'd love something using
the colours in the GTK and the art, and maybe incorporating the water
droplet style for the buttons without looking too much like OSX :)

Hope you like it,

Who