[ubuntu-art] msikma's Progress Indicator

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 03:21:37 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-29-08 at 15:55 +0200, Michiel Sikma wrote:
> Or something like this:
>
> http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/28695/animated.gif

I think that concept is terrific.  We discussed
something very similar to it during the Paris
summit. Great work on the visualization.

I would personally love to see that approach be
sketched out for our mouse cursor Edgy+1 concept
in reference to the 'waiting' cursors.

Mich -- do you think you could bang out a similar
animation with a 'spotlight' approach?  Basically,
it would be almost identical to what you have there
save a more focused circular light illuminating the
Ubuntu logo as it rolls around the primary logo surface.

Great work on the 'Radar' version though.  It is a
pretty darn convincing proof-of-principle.

Sincerely,
TJS