[ubuntu-art] Fwd: Re: Pretty System Consoles

Michiel Sikma michiel at thingmajig.org
Tue Aug 29 19:22:06 BST 2006

On Aug 29, 2006, at 6:47 PM, Quim Calpe wrote:

> I did this proposal: http://www.kalpe.com/ubuntu/usplash.gif
>
> If someone finds it interesting, It uses actually very few colors,
> but I guess these aren't the colors of the palette, I don't have
> the knowledge, maybe a more experienced user could help-me?
>
> Thanks

That is very nice. Keep in mind, however, that the 640x400 version
should be squished (downscaled from 640x480). Actually, you probably
know that already and this was just a quick test. I find it very nice
as well.

I do think that the radial gradient thing I made is just a little
cooler, but if we're stuck with only a few colors, that's just not
really viable I guess.

Michiel Sikma
michiel at thingmajig.org