[ubuntu-art] Glass panels - just a thought

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 15:53:36 BST 2006

2006/8/29, PingunZ <pingunz at gmail.com>:

> I prefer panel-background set by the GTK theme.
> This usually fits better in the whole computer them..
> With a panel background like that you'll have a very ugly gaim logo as
> well ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> 2006/8/29, Étienne Bersac <bersace03 at laposte.net>:
> >
> > Hello,
>
> Setting a panel background picture is very good. However, the picture
> you show is far too translucent.

Well, I totally dig translucency, so I might have over done it :-)  The high
translucency was also to demonstrate that most applets actually handle
translucent panels quite well (as opposed to earlier versions of gnome).

> PingunZ wrote:
> I prefer panel-background set by the GTK theme.
> This usually fits better in the whole computer them..
> With a panel background like that you'll have a very ugly gaim logo as
well ;)

Well, if the default theme is based around glossy looks I can't see how this
doesn't fit..? The main problem is that switching themes doesn't change the
panel background - so a flat simple theme will end up with a glossy panel.

Regarding gaim... I attached a cropped screenie showing gaim in the
notification area... Maybe you are thinking about the Mugshot bee head?

Cheers,
Mikkel