[ubuntu-art] [Kubuntu] QtCurve

Brandon Holtsclaw imbrandon at kubuntu.org
Fri Aug 25 02:47:56 BST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 20:08 / 8:08 pm, Viper550 wrote:
> Today on #kubuntu-devel, I was showing off my new working mockup of a
> new theme style for Kubuntu, the Keramik Window Decoration, and the
> QtCurve style
Keramik was nice when it was new but it got used alot and played out over the
years, I think we were looking for something edgy for edgy ;) Also Ken and
others have put alot of work into kwin-crystal durring the dev springt and
before , you might catch them on #kubuntu-artwork and colaborate with them
instead of reinventing the wheel with a whole new kwin style , but thats just
my 0.2c

> (which can also theme GTK applications, which will cure
> some problems that have drived people away from Kubuntu after installing
> Firefox for example).
the qt-gtk package does this for kubuntu by default but that dosent change the
firefox themes just the gtk elements of them , -1

> If anyone missed it, here's a screenshot of my
> idea so I could share it all with you. Notice the nice gloss matte, and
> how the menubar and the window border appear to be connected together!

Looks like a great color combo for using such an old kwin deco but its nice,
also I dunno if your on a LCD or CRT but the menubar and the windeco dont
connect as you sugest in that pic, they are two diffrent colors of purple,
again just my 0.2c

--
Brandon Holtsclaw
imbrandon at kubuntu.org