[ubuntu-art] Some guidelines for consideration

Chuck Huber chuck at lagunadata.com
Thu Aug 24 23:20:12 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 10:35 +0100, Who wrote:

> >  Note, on Fedora Core 6, the Bluecurve icons are being replaced by what I
> > think is a very nice new set called "Echo"
> >  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/EchoDevelopment
> >

> They're really great icons - I think they are too glossy in places,
> but definitely a good update to Bluecurve.
>
> I think the fact that they are more realistic than Human) makes them
> feel more modern. also, more of the icons are drawn on an angle, not
> just 'flat' on the desk, which I think contributes to the feeling that
> that is a modern theme for good, shiny computers!

Really?  I find echo a bit more cartoonish than Human.  Take the disk
drive icons, or CD or printer icons for example.  That's not to say that
Human can't be improved by getting more realistic.  I think it can, but
the examples below are tough to beat.

 That said, I still like echo quite a bit and I think it's a good
reference to refer to at times.  It may be especially useful as a guide
to see which icons they consider most important for the Gnome desktop
experience.

--
Chuck Huber <chuck at lagunadata.com>