[ubuntu-art] NEW Startup Sounds

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun Aug 13 16:18:14 BST 2006

Op za, 12-08-2006 te 17:15 +0100, schreef Peter Savage:
> Not posted a lot to the list lately, but thought I would share with
> you the latest update on the ubuntu sounds front.  I have created 10
> sounds, ranging from the simple to the more complicated, please give
> them all a listen, there may be aspects from each that you like.  I'm
> looking at starting to combine ideas now and condense into a good set
> of solid themes so I can come up with some themes that are closer to
> the "real thing"
>
> http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuSounds
>
> Please please give me your feedback, cruel or kind ;)

I like "Sample08" most, but I think the final version should be played
(mostly) with accoustic instruments (or use professional quality samples
of those instruments).  Maybe the fade-out should be shorter too and/or
involve some extra notes/sounds being played to "excite" the user more
(currently it's rather flat and "el-cheapo synthy").

(Sorry if this sounds incomprehensible; I'm trying to describe what I
mean but I'm not a musician or anything like that ;-) )

--
Jan Claeys