[ubuntu-art] [REQUEST] Sound designers?

Troy James Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 05:50:19 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 19:02 +0100, Peter Savage wrote:

> Can I ask do the sounds have the same deadline as the rest of
> ubuntu-art?  If so, I need to start finalising the login sound so I
> can started creating logout, and all the other little sounds....Got
> mail etc, of course that all hinges on if you guys think the sounds
> are good enough to be used in ubuntu !

While the creative development cycle is well suited for sound
design, it assumes that the Ponder has been completed.

Ponder is a very important step to develop design direction.

While it would be nice to get a fresh logon and logout in
for Edgy, it would seem more productive to establish a sound
design guideline before proceeding well into any form of
production.  The scheduling breakdown on the wiki assumed
development from the start of edgy.  It would need to be
adjusted accordingly, considering the immaturity of the
sound design.

Let's get a good selection of colours on the palette
before we start painting.

Try to focus on different textures and feels before worrying
about any sort of refinement.  Perhaps even offer samplings of
existing media to build upon.  It is _far_ too early to be
worrying about subtle changes and effects.  Get several different
sets of broad strokes down, and we can adjust from there.

In short -- keep it very loose and quick to get as much
variety on the table.

Sincerely,
TJS