[ubuntu-art] trash icon looks like a battery

Matthew Nuzum mattnuzum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:18:04 BST 2006

Is it just me or does anyone else here look at the trash can icon in
the bootom right corner of the screen and freak out because they think
their battery is low?

It's in almost the same location as Windows' battery notification icon
and it looks like a battery that is nearly empty.

I'm no good at making icons, but I think if it could just be tapered
so that it's not a perfect cylinder it would be fine. But as it is,
being a perfect cylinder, it looks like a battery to me.

I keep getting a moment of panic and wonder where the nearest outlet
is, then I remember that I'm already plugged in and think it's a bug.
Then I click on it to investigate it and realize it's the trash. This
has happened at least 3 times already, so soon I'll learn I guess.

Should I file a trouble ticket for this?

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org