[ubuntu-art] Inconsistence of gradients and artwork colors

Richard Stellingwerff remenic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 08:32:27 BST 2006

I'm now subscribed to ubuntu-art, which I should have done that
earlier, but I guess better late than never. I hope replying works
fine, without starting a new thread.

On 4/3/06, Daniel Borgmann <daniel.borgmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/3/06, bvc <bvcmdk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The progressbar does not look like a shiny, glassy, rounded kind of
> > tube, that the point!
> > http://kwh.kernow-gb.com/~bvc/dapper-xubu/progressbar3.png
> > That does (more), but you don't want to tone it down? It currently just flat
> > out doesn't look like anything. Why not compromise?
>
> That looks very good to me, I'll make sure that Richard sees it (he
> did the progressbar implementation). I never said it's perfect, just
> that it should not look exactly like the titlebar (which you seem to
> agree with now).

The progressbar looks okay to me. It's kind of plain, but it makes
white text more readable, which is a good thing. The color seems to
match the other widgets more, so that's a plus as well.

Now before we implement it, I'd like Mark's approvement. The
progressbar was modelled after an icon the Human icon theme and Mark
really liked that. I think he'll approve with bvc's version too
though, but I don't want to make such "big" changes so close to
release without making sure he's fine with it.