[ubuntu-art] Inconsistence of gradients and artwork colors

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Sun Apr 2 16:13:56 BST 2006

Hello,

> While you might personally not like the variety of colors in
> Microsoft's offering or the multiple styles used by OSX, it apparently
> works quite well for them.
Exactly ! I hate the anarchic theme of OS X even if each piece of
artwork is nice.

This is something different in free desktop : the homogeneity of
applications. All blend well together. People like that. And the work
for a Human mPlayer skin, OOo gnome integration, firefox gtk theme
blending, gtk-qt, etc. show how this is important.

People want to change one time the theme. Not to change everything by
hand (this is why CrystalXP rox so much).

Étienne.