[ubuntu-art] NewBie

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 02:07:59 CDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/29/05, Nicholas <nicholas at nburmandesign.com> wrote:
> > I would much rather see vector art being produced for backgrounds,
> > calendars etc. Photos are problematic in the sense of file size and
> > subject matter.
>
> I had suspected such things would be said. It makes sense to me as well..

I'm partial to SVG myself (what gave it away?) :o) but I think there's
room for both. I'm a wallpaper fanatic and have a few hundred
megabytes that I've collected over the years.

In this moment in time though, I think there's a world of
possibilities that haven't been explored yet with SVG wallpapers - and
that's only going to get more interesting when the desktop is drawn
with all the cairo and glitz stuff. (i think those are the right geek
terms, at least cairo is).

Either way, making art.ubuntu.com into a huge repository can't be
anything but a good thing as far as I'm concerned. :o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu