[ubuntu-art] Spreading the word

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:11:29 CDT 2005

On 9/23/05, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <kamstrup at daimi.au.dk> wrote:

> Ideally I'd like every wallpaper (also calendar work) to be a
> transparent SVG so that they would go with all GTK themes. Actually this
> is exactly why I don't use the current calendar images. They are brown,
> but my GTK theme uses blue highlighting... - Looks weird. Transparent
> SVGs would solve this.

I agree. :o) I haven't added anything new to my wallpaper page in a
while, but I'd be glad to have one/some included in Breezy. If we can
get a majority vote that ALL SVG would be good and we just need
someone to execute the designs, I can probably handle that before our
deadline. I suppose we'd just need to tell the theme people to pick a
sensible background color or gradient as the default.

Oh... and I should really get my stuff up on art.ubuntu.com huh? :-P I
wish pain wasn't such an energy zapper. Grrr....

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu