[ubuntu-art] Re: daper drake - woo hoo!

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 16:09:49 CDT 2005

On 9/16/05, Matthew Nuzum <mattnuzum at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I think you're a better illustrator than me (judging by your portoflio). As
> a matter of fact, I'm not an illustrator at all. I've never done a trace in
> 2 hours, either, especially people/faces.
>
>  I just think this picture is cool (which is why I took it) and kind of
> funny. Not necessarily suitable for mascotts. I'm just feeling the urge to
> be a little creative.

Go ye forth and create! :o) My suggestion for any of the mascot-type
(we really don't have mascots) designs is to create a wallpaper with
your illustration included, then put it up on art.ubuntu.com. That
way, hopefully lots of eyes will see it and we can gauge which designs
are more popular (which remember, doesn't mean "better"). Personally I
wouldn't mind seeing a different Dapper Drake wallpaper each month
during it's release.

Speaking of.... Is the guy that did the badger graphics with the fan
(and/or maybe a parachute) on the mailing list here? I'd love to see
at least one of those make it into Breezy.

Matthew, if it makes you feel any better, I suck at illustration too.
I've spent more hours staring at blank icon-sized canvases than I have
actually creating anything. I can photo-manipulate and do abstract
vector graphics with the best of them, but when it comes to creating
from scratch.... not so much. :o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu