[ubuntu-art] Size of the Wallpapers @ art.ubuntu.com

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 03:03:02 CDT 2005

On 9/7/05, Sascha Morr <sascha.morr at heidenwelt.de> wrote:

> OK this is right! But it's also not funny to see a nice wallpaper onto
> the Website, download it and see uh it's not my resulution. Propably
> it't possible to get different sections for differenz resolutions?

My point was just that higher resolutions aren't always possible. If
something was designed at 1024x768, it would look just as bad if I
resized it in Gimp than if you told Gnome to stretch the wallpaper to
fit the display. Again, my only suggestion would be to let the author
know that you're interested in a higher resolution image. I think in
most cases, if it's possible to make a larger image, the artist would
be happy to do so.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding though. Are you saying that a wallpaper
marked as 1600x1200 is really only 1024x768 when you download it? If
that's the case, let me know which one it is and I'll see if I can fix
it to at least display the right size on the site.

> > Now, for my SVG wallpapers, you don't need to worry about resolution.
> > :o) SVG Rocks!
>
> OK SVG is great but not for everythink :-)

Oh sure.... You just wait until we have SVG and Cairo powered,
hardware accelerated desktop. :o) I know. I'm a wishful thinker.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu