Hans-Gunnar Vold hg.vold at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 03:23:13 CDT 2005

Hi!

Let me first say, I like the way you're going with 3D Gary. I think it
could lead to some very smart wallpapers. Your last piece I find a bit
overwhelming maybe? I would love to see a bit more subtle expression,
and maybe a combination of materials. As Frédéric van der Essen wrote
about in a previous thread, I too have come to think of warm colors,
etc. Now, while I don't think all wallpapers need to be
red/orange/yellow, I would definetly want to see some more with touch
of nature, traces of living materia or whatever.

BTW: I believe I haven't introduced myself. I'm 25, informatics
student, from Norway, eagerly interested in programming and graphics.
For the time I'm writing my master's thesis-hence my late
introduction, I really don't have time for graphics atm. ;) But, I've
been reading this mailinglist and scan the ubuntu-art website now and
then. There are som great ideas and contributions out there, good work
guys! As some people have noted, the art team lacks proper guidelines,
and I think (and somewhat hopes) that's why we haven't seen more
contributions than we have. It's hard to commit to a project you don't
know where's headed. I hope this will get sorted out soon-good
initiative Frédéric!

Wish you guys luck, I won't be able to contribute much (at least I
shouldn't) yet, but after my thesis is done we'll see...

Regards

HG