Nicholas Burman nicholas at nburmandesign.com
Fri Oct 21 04:42:37 CDT 2005

On 19-Oct-05, at 9:48 PM, Travis Watkins wrote:

> On 10/19/05, Viper550 <gthompson at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> Okay, we really need to prepare for good ol' Dapper Drake. I already
>> have an idea for the graphical theme, my idea is based around the
>> Grid.
>> The grid here represents the plotting of major goals for Dapper
>> Drake,
>> making it the Vista of Linux Distros, with big changes, and big
>> ideas.
>>
>> I'm already working on some new graphics for it, but I've already
>> made
>> some stuff, I was aiming for Breezy Badger with them but...your whole
>> glass thing overshadowed it.alot. My best work for this theme was my
>> splash screen (attached). My mixture of the human colors really
>> makes it
>> look unique
>>
>> So, does this seem cool to you?
>>
>> Viper550
>>

> It looks great, although I'd fade the grid in a bit more. Also, one of
> the goals I've heard for GNOME 2.14 is to make it startup so fast a
> splash screen isn't needed anymore.
>
> --
> Travis Watkins
> http://www.realistanew.com

That sounds pretty exciting. 'No splash screen' sounds like a
significant improvement. But this design can still be used for a
background
What would be good to see would be a bunch of variations all at once.
Colours, size of grid, size of lines. You can't judge something on
how it ' might' appear or judge someones ideas until you actually see
them .

Nick
www.nburmandesign.com
www.nickburman.com