[ubuntu-art] Fwd: betterDesktop

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 07:57:56 CDT 2005

Speak of the devil. :o)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jeff Waugh <jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com>
Date: Oct 10, 2005 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: betterDesktop
To: sounder at lists.ubuntu.com

<quote who="Javier">

> Novell & openSuse have launched a usability website for the desktop.
> http://www.betterdesktop.org/welcome/
>
> "Better Desktop is a project dedicated to sharing usability data with
> Linux developers. Over the past year, we have conducted many usability
> tests on different parts of the KDE and GNOME desktops. We created this
> site to serve as a place where developers can watch videos of these tests.
> Here you will find over 200 videos of people using Mozilla Firefox,
> Evolution, Open Office, Banshee, F-Spot and other applications."

I'm currently sitting in the presentation of Better Desktop and Tango (which
is another desktop wide common theme project). Definitely worth looking at
the Better Desktop videos. Tango might be an interesting option for our look
and feel.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/