[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Art Team Project Ideas

Dylan Dunne dylan.dunne at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:34:06 CDT 2005

I've been piddling about on the artteam irc channel, the wiki page, and
art.ubuntu.com <http://art.ubuntu.com>, and I've come to the conclusion with
a few others, that as a team, we don't really have much of a direction. We
have all sorts of things that need to be done, but they're not listed
anywhere, unless I'm COMPLETELY missing something (which is possible).

What we do have is one project listed, Humility Icons, being an iconset, it
is inherently a large undertaking, but we don't have anything else listed.
If we want to have any impact on Dapper, we should probably get some kind of
list together of projects that we need to accomplish before X date.

I'd love to be working on something for Ubuntu, but I have no idea on where
to begin. Now that work is calming down from Katrina and Rita for me, I have
time to contribute something. With things as disparate as they are, I kind
of feel useless, and I'm pretty sure that someone else feels the same way.

All I'm suggesting is that we throw around some project topics thru the
mailing list, agree on them, and then create some wiki pages for those
projects, what needs to be done, and who is currently working on it.

Here's my contribution: We need calendar stuff.

Thanks,
Dylan