[ubuntu-art] Development framework discussion.

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 5 07:15:20 CDT 2005

Seeing the rather good topic in #ubuntu-artwork by kamstrup:

"Wrap up for Breezy and get a coherent development framework ready early in
the Dapper cycle"

I propose that we perhaps actually have a regular meeting, maybe once a month
in either the meeting channel - #ubuntu-meeting or we can stick with our
native channel, the #ubuntu-artwork one, but that's beside the point. I would
really like to get some discussion going so the art team is informed, and
up-to-date with what we want to do. We want to get a coherent framework ready
for Dapper, so we need to get to work eventually (sorry if I am taking the
initiative again).

What do the rest of you all think about this idea?

Also, I have a small cry for help. AUC (art.ubuntu.com) has received a lot of
new submissions. We currently (last time I checked) have two GTK themes
submitted and awaiting addition to the archive. I sadly do not know how to
make the preview thumbnails for GTK and Metacity themes. For example:
http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/1123

I mean the little thumbnails. I asked around in the IRC channel, and someone
(sorry, I've forgotten who) kindly pointed me to this:
http://www.users.monornet.hu/linux/stuffs.html

I'm not an experience GNOME user, so I'm unsure what I ought to be doing (or
not doing) here. Could anyone be of assistance?

Anyway, enjoy the week.
klepas

--
Cheerio.